- Strong leadership
- Strong technical
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the planning and execution of our instrumentation and control engineering services and solutions with customers across feasibility, outline and detailed design engineering.
- Assist with delivering design and general engineering projects for the department and operations.
- Provide support with bids and proposal documents as required by the Head of Department or Proposal/Bid Manager.
- Provide technical guidance and checking of the engineers work within the department.
- Technical management of instrumentation and system integration vendors and sub-contractors.
- Provide project team leadership as required and instructed.
- Ensure project deliverables comply with appropriate design codes and legislation.
- To effectively manage time, cost and quality of project deliverables to meet client and company requirements.
- Maintain and develop excellent customer relationships at all times, focusing on a consultative and collaborative approach to engineering services and solutions.
- Conduct all tasks and work in line with contract, regulatory requirements and internal policy processes.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field (e.g. instrumentation & Control Engineering) or alternatively a HNC or HND with appropriate experience may be considered for the position.
- A Chartered Engineer with IET or working towards this.
- Possess a thorough level of experience in control and instrumentation specification & design engineering work.
- Fieldbus technology (Profibus DP and Modbus RTU) design knowledge.
- Proven experience in reviewing vendor submissions and managing suppliers.
- Some experience of programming/configuration of PLC/DCS systems.
- Design experience for DSEAR classified areas.
- Good practical knowledge and design experience of LV cabling design for industrial applications is preferred, including use of Amtech Pro LV design package.
- Functional safety specification and design experience would be advantageous.
- S88 batch process control experience would be highly desirable.
- Display a professional approach and demeanour towards tasks and others.
- Possess a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels.
- Be flexible to travel as and when required to meet demands of clients and their projects.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to adapt, multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Display a positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Be well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in independently when required.
- Additional performance bonus
- Private medical care
- Excellent pension contributions
- Employee owned share option
A customer focused employment business working across a range of specialist sectors, we introduce exceptional people to extraordinary companies. Providing contract, permanent and search recruitment, we treat employers and candidates as equals, tailoring our services to suit their unique requirements whilst supporting all parties throughout their employment journey.