- Excellent communication
- Natural Leader
- Well organised
Job Role & Responsibilities
- To work across a diverse range of projects, a mixture of refurbishment of existing stock, and the creation of new facilities.
- Plan, lead and manage the project team to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective solution is developed which meets the requirements defined within the brief and benefits defined in the business case.
- Establish a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements are captured, and approvals are in place to meet schedule dates, as well as understanding regulatory requirements.
- End to end project execution and management, ensuring clear goals, roles and deliverables are well defined and achieved using the RIBA Plan of Works 2020 or ProCure21 +.
- Responsible for the Safety of everyone involved or touched by the project.
- Ensure the integration of design, development, construction delivery, commissioning and process requirements are achieved using the subject matter experts and design managers in the team (including your own expertise as appropriate).
- Act as the Project Manager and Contract Administrator using NEC ECC building contract, chair, lead and accurately record project pre-start, progress, and handover meetings, manage the change control process using a pre-agreed client process and successfully manage the project through to handover and completion.
- Accountable for reporting of project cost, programme, health & safety and performance using project controls and reporting tools.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are achieved and able to be tested, commissioned and handed into operation in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensure post project reviews are completed and any learning/benefits realisation are captured appropriately.
- Experience of working with Pharmaceutical & Life Science Clients and/or Government Organisations.
- Experience and working knowledge of biocontainment and high containment laboratories, facilities and environments (to SAPO and ACDP requirements) is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of NEC contract administration and acting as the Project Manager under the ECC building contract using strong commercial and contractual management.
- Experience in a range of capital and revenue projects, with a clear understanding of project management processes, tools and models particularly Association for Project Management (APM).
- Proven track record in planning, implementation and delivery of complex projects, within a live operational environment, with multiple stakeholder interfaces.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Degree qualification in an engineering discipline, construction, building services or equivalent academic achievement.
- Professional qualifications (membership of an appropriate institution) including Incorporated or Chartered status with a relevant engineering professional body MIChemE, MCIBSE, MIMechE or MICE and/or MRICS or MAPM qualification (or equivalent) desirable not essential.
- £4800 car allowance
- Private healthcare
- 5% Employer Pension
- £400 a year towards gym/healthy living membership
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional
- Flexible working
A customer focused employment business working across a range of specialist sectors, we introduce exceptional people to extraordinary companies. Providing contract, permanent and search recruitment, we treat employers and candidates as equals, tailoring our services to suit their unique requirements whilst supporting all parties throughout their employment journey.